Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pinterest Challenge

One of the websites I follow religiously is http://www.younghouselove.com/. This is by far and away my absolute favorite DIY website. They recently issued a "Pinterest Challenge". We all get on Pinterest and pin 234932 things but never (at least I don't) actually attempt to do any of it. They are challenging everyone to do something that you have pinned on pinterest whether it's home decor or food or whatever else you've pinned. I decided to take the challenge with one of the food recipes that I pinned.

I was really craving strawberries last night so I decided to try my hand at the Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries (see recipe here: http://www.thesweetslife.com/2011/08/cheesecake-stuffed-strawberries.html).


All in all, they turned out pretty good! The strawberries were almost unbearably tart. In hindsight, I should have tasted them first and maybe sprinkled them with some sugar before stuffing them. I also didn't have any graham crackers to crumble and put on top so I had to omit that. I think I would fix these again with some less tart strawberries (talk about jaw tinges!) and make sure that next time I have graham crackers on hand!

Next, I think we will be trying our hand at re-doing a flea market chandelier for the girls rooms. We have big ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment