Monday, October 24, 2011

Nail Art - Stripes!

I decided to try my hand at DIY nail art today.

Here are my supplies:

The colors I went with are Sally Hansen's HARD as NAILS Xtreme Wear in Hot Magenta, Nicole OPI in Iceberg Lotus and Nicole OPI in Prized Possession Purple. I decided to use Hot Magenta as my base color.

Ignore the crappy paint job, it will come off my skin when I wash my hands next. :)

Next, I cut strips of scotch tape and applied them diagonally to my nails. I applied the Prized Possession Purple to the top and Iceburg Lotus to the bottom. I put about three coats of each color and while still tacky I removed the tape, leaving nice, clean lines. Once completely dried, I added one coat of clear nail polish to seal the deal. 

And the finished product:

Ignore my stubby hand.

The stripes were different sizes but I think it turned out pretty good for my first try! My girls love them! Again, the color around the nails on my skin and cuticle will come off during a shower. I'm not the most patient at painting my nails. :/ 

Kinda cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment