Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fit or Fat?



Right now, I'm definitely more on the "fat" side. My husband just returned from his second deployment with the Army and I was bound and determined to lose weight and get in shape while he was gone. Unfortunately, the stress of a full-time job, two kids, a house and a puppy made me find solace in food, food and more food. I was eating anything I wanted. Will power was out the door and every fatty, high calorie food I could find was in. I was drinking anywhere from 5-8 bottles of coke a day. Pizza, cheeseburgers, chips and fries were everyday foods instead of sometimes foods. Overall, I ended up gaining about 35lbs while he was gone, putting me closer and closer to 200lbs. I felt so disgusted and ashamed of myself. How was he going to love me now? Rationally, I knew that he loves me no matter what I weigh but as a woman, I wanted to be sexy and attractive, not just for him, but for myself. My clothes weren't fitting, I had to buy a size up in pants. I was just miserable.

I have tried literally every diet out there. Atkins, South Beach, Master Cleanse, eating only soup, eating only cereal, not eating, injecting myself with HCG (and spending $900 to do it, YIKES!), you name it, I have tried it. My problem was that I was wanting a quick fix. I wanted to drop massive amounts of weight in very little time. I finally realized that I didn't put this weight on overnight and I can't lose it overnight. And if any of those "quick" fixes would have worked, I would have just put the weight right back on once I started eating normally again. No bueno.

So about a week ago, I cut out drinking cokes. I stopped eating fast food (and after reading articles and seeing photos from the documentary Food, Inc, I DON'T WANT FAST FOOD EVER AGAIN!!!), and I started eating healthier foods. Whole grains and low carbs are a good start. I haven't denied myself a few things here and there but I'm also not letting myself have every thing I want. I've found that I DON'T NEED IT! Is it really worth it? No! I am the first to tell you that I am weak when it comes to denying myself things so if I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT! I'm following the 80/20 method. Eat good 80% of the time and indulge 20%.

I also started taking the supplement OxyELITE Pro. I had heard nothing but good things about it and thought I would try it while changing my food habits. Already, I'm a fan. It has cut my appetite in half. I have no jitters, or side effects of any kind. The caffeine didn't bother me because I drink so much caffeine every day. With the changes I made in my diet and taking OxyELITE Pro, I have dropped 7lbs.

I'm excited because I'm seeing results and that pushes me to keep it up. I'm not getting any younger and I'm sick of watching life pass me by. There are so many things I won't do because of my weight. No more! I am determined to get in the best shape of my life. And I know this time I will do it. Will it be easy? No. Will it be fun? Not really. Will it be worth it? Definitely! I need to set good examples for my girls and me going around calling myself fat and disgusting is NOT the way to raise two young, impressionable girls. I also know that by doing it the slow and steady way will insure that I keep it off.

Are you trying to lose weight? What works best for you? I'd love to hear from anyone in my same boat. We can do it together!

And now for some inspiration!





No comments:

Post a Comment