Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Soda Can Cupcakes!

We recently got rid of our cable/internet/home phone so my online access has been drastically limited as of late. So forgive the lack of posts. I promise to get better. ANY WAY, just thought I'd get on here to share a quick recipe. My oldest daughter's 11th birthday party was this past weekend and in a moment of ballsy, I've lost my mind and why not, I decided to try a cupcake recipe that I have never before tried. It sounded so simple and had great reviews so I thought why not? Luckily, for me they turned out excellent! I got SO many compliments on them. They were tasty, super moist (i know a lot of people have issues with the word moist but I don't know how else to describe it! Sorry!!) and SUPER easy. So here we go!

1 box of any flavor cake mix (I used one box of chocolate fudge and one box of Funfetti)
1 can of room temperature soda (I used Dr. Pepper for my chocolate to get a Chocolate Cherry thing happening, and I used Orange Soda with my Funfetti to get a kind of Orange Creamsicle thing going)

annnnd that's it!

Fill cupcake liners about 1/2 - 2/3 full.

Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22. I baked mine for about 22 minutes. I used buttercream frosting.

You will get varying texture. The funfetti and orange soda was a lot thicker and spongier of a batter than the chocolate and Dr. Pepper. Both baked for 22 minutes and turned out fine.

What I really like about this is that the flavor combinations aren't as limited as with regular cake mixes. You could even do a grape soda with white cake! Maybe I'll get brave and try that next.

Hopefully I will be able to post pictures soon! Until then, Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment